As we begin a new year, many of us attempt to eat more healthily as a new resolution. Steamed foods retain more nutrients, better color, and intense flavor. Ziplock provides bags especially for steaming foods in the microwave. Try this cabbage recipe for a simple, tasty, and healthy vegetable dish. If you do not especially care for cabbage, try cooking your favorite vegetable in the steamer bags. You will love it!
- Chop cabbage into small strips, and fill a medium-sized Ziplock steam bag.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning.
- Add one or two tablespoons of butter.
- Seal bag and place in microwave.
- Cook on high for only three minutes.
Delicious, perfectly cooked cabbage!