Ways to Lift Your Spirits
If you are feeling lonely and depressed, here is a list of things you can do to lift your spirits.
- Be thankful. Think about what you have. This sounds like the whole “count your blessings” thing all over again, but it really is important.
- Remember good times you’ve had with family and friends.
- Keep yourself busy. If your energy is focused outward you’ll be less likely to obsess about things you can’t change.
- Do not isolate yourself in your room.
- Try to smile, and laugh at jokes that you think are funny. Don’t put on a fake smile all the time, but just smile when you feel like it.
- Talk to a trustworthy friend about how you’re feeling. It will make you feel a lot better.
- Write down your thoughts on a piece of paper. Just keep writing, then when you’re done, shred the paper and get rid of it!
- Sneak a candy into a friend’s pocket – let them wonder how it got there.
- Learn to do something new, like how to make a tree ornament or do HTML code.
- Have dessert for dinner and dinner for dessert.
- Read a book that makes you laugh.
- Listen to an uplifting song as loud as you like it.
- Rearrange your room.