(Posted September 2nd 2017 @ 11:25 AM by: Maureen Kamlinger)
Physical Self Care
By: Maureen Kramlinger
- Eat healthy foods: bread and whole grains, vegetables & and fruit, meat, milk and dairy products. Avoid junk foods.
- Drink plenty of fluids: water and juices—8 glasses a day for hydration and eliminating wastes.
- Avoid caffeine. They can cause dehydration, headaches, and low back pain.
- Helps control weight and improves muscle tone and appearance, which helps to improve self image.
- Can help clear your mind and improve concentration.
- Generates a feeling of accomplishment and control.
- Releases chemicals to promote a sense of well-being.
- Increases energy and enhances the body's ability to fight disease.
- Strengthens the heart muscle and improves flexibility.
- Promotes better sleep at night, as muscles relax after exercise.
- Reorganizes and redirects static energy to help you feel more calm.
- Exercise works best when done out of doors, and early in the evening, if possible.
Sleep and Rest
- Avoid caffeine, heavy foods and major mental or physical tasks before bedtime.
- Avoid over-use of habit-forming tranquilizers.
- Relax before bed by taking a bubble bath.
- Encourage your mind to let go of your day.
- Practice relaxation by tensing and releasing muscles from toes upward to the top of your head.
Taken from article in www.bereavement.com